Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The engine has been started up.


This week the engine was stated up for the first time! It put out some smoke, and the new paint on some parts burned off, but it ran great. After 15 minutes of running, I shut it down to re-torque bolts, check valve clearances, timing, etc.

I had one problem with the oil pressure gauge. So I installed an old direct gague that I had in the garage to confirm that I really did have oil pressure. I figured out that the problem was the sending unit on the engine was bad. Not sending the right signal to the gauge on the dash. A new part is on the way from NY.

The rear seat frame arrived and has been painted. It is ready for the new seat cushions when they arrive. I have stated to install the front fenders (see photo) and horn, lights, etc. Not many loose parts lying around the garage left to put on the Jeep. The hood will be the last item after it gets painted with the big white Army star.

I have located some other old military items, such as ammo cans, that will be put in the Jeep for display. I will even have a Vietnam era flight suit with unit patches to wear when I drive the Jeep. Gotta look the part too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home