Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My M38A1 Jeep Rebuild Project

Here is a photo of the Jeep as it looked when I found it sitting under a tree. It was just down the street from our house in Show Low. I had driven by and looked at it for many months. Then one day I stopped and asked the lady that answered the door if the Jeep was for sale. She said her husband should sell it, as it did not run and he had no need for it now.

I came back a few days later and talked to Mr. Favro and he agreed to sell it to me. I first wanted to have a friend, who knows Jeeps, look it over and tell me what it was worth. That is when I figurd out that it was really an ex-military Jeep, built in 1953. I had thought it would be fun to have a Jeep, something to fix up and drive. Now, it became a military restoration project!

We agreed on a price of $1700, and I towed it home December 20, 2004.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Herve (french guy) said...

hello! whaouu!! very good rebuilt for your M38A1...thank for photos

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kuldeep Singh said...

Buy jeep auto body parts Many online suppliers offer a very comprehensive array of aftermarket Jeep motor parts and Performance Jeep motor parts which range from high quality Jeep accessories, Jeep bumpers, Jeep car mats, Jeep fenders, Jeep grilles, Jeep catalytic converters, Jeep headlights and others. These online sites also provide an excellent resource section offering extensive information about the automobile.

If you are buying from the World Wide Web for popular Jeep motor parts make sure that you buy from the reputed online retailer such as www. autoparts bazaar.com which have a secured payment system.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger james brownn said...

It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though. Great Thanks.
military vehicles for sale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home